6. Food and Agriculture
Review class discussion points
Required readings for this week: Jackson, et al: Ch. 9
Additional assignments for this week:
- Watch John Oliver’s Food Waste segment (2015).
- Calculate your water footprint.
- Calculate food miles for an item you eat regularly.
Did any of these three exercises change the way you think about food? How? Do you think transparency in the food system is important? How could we better identify where our food comes from, how it is produced, or where it goes – local, fair labor, pesticide-free, packaged, transported, traceback protocols, etc? Is that something you care about?
Are you on track?
- Up to date on your required reading?
- Tracked your intention today?
- Completed the additional class assignments for this week?
- Well into writing your 1000-1200 word ‘Reflection Research’ essay? (due week 8)
- Still making good progress on your service-learning project and related presentation? (due week 14)